Wednesday, December 1, 2010

PLN 22

Trip Gabriel’s “Learning in Dorm, Because Class Is on the Web” matters to me, education, and the world because it talks about colleges not having enough money to educate all their students in a classroom. This matters to me because I know for a fact that I learn much better in a classroom then I do listening to a lecture online. I think that you learn much better in a classroom than any other way because if you don’t understand something, you can ask the teacher for help and you will understand it a lot better then you would with an online lecture. For me this article really connected to Michel Welsch’s “A Vision of Students Today”. It matters to education because if students trying to get a degree cant get one on one help when they need it when they are paying boatloads of money to go to college isn’t that wrong, their parents are paying teacher to teach them not post a lecture online and not know their name. It matters to the world because so many people want to go to college and every year college’s budgets are cut which is causing them to have to educate most of their students online. Is it the colleges fault or the countries leaders? This article reveals facts about college today that I didn’t know before and I think that most people don’t know.

No comments:

Post a Comment