Thursday, December 9, 2010

PLN 23

Clay Shirky’s “How cognitive surplus will change the world” matters to me, education, and the world because it talks about cognitive surplus and how many ways it can be used on the internet. It matters to me because it talks about a new website called “Ushahidi”  that automates the sorting of all this information into a map, which I know if I was in a war ridden county or somewhere that I would want this so I would be able to know the most I possibly could about the situation. It matters to education because if we keep advancing in our technology than we eventually could have a website that sorts information vital to our learning so that when we are researching we don’t have to look over websites that are posting false things on the internet. It matters to the world because everyone in the world uses the internet and almost everyone creates places on the internet, there are so many places on the internet that you may think have true information, but haven’t been updated in 20 years. That’s why we need engines that pull up results that are current and true, if we don’t advance our technology searching for information on the internet will be easy but finding true information will be extremely hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment