Sunday, September 12, 2010

PLN 5

In Will Richardson’s “Footprints in the Digital Age” Will talks about how having bad digital footprints may come back to haunt you. This article matters to me because if I have a very bad digital footprint in a couple of years when I am trying to get a job the manager could Google me and see something that might make him think that I am a Misanthrope and hire someone else. It affects education because in three years when I am applying to colleges the duke of administrations might Google me to see if I am a good person and post all my volunteer work online or if I am a very wild person and might cause a lot of trouble at his school. It matters to the world because on the internet anyone can look at it and it might completely alter your life as you live it. I think that Wills article from his book was very informational and that all new parents should read it to make sure that their kids leave a very good digital footprint and have opportunities that people with bad digital footprints don’t get.

1 comment:

  1. Paul-

    Make sure to hyperlink to the original text. Also, proofread your entry- there are some run- on sentences, punctuation, and word choice errors. Good use of the vocab word!

    ReplyDelete